After the learning process a students is awarded a nqf certificate and becomes qualified firefighter earning an average salary of R98 per hour. Skills are attained at the fire fighting training centre at minimal fees.
Unit Standard No: 12484
Unit Standard Credits: 4
NQF Level: 2
Modules for firefighter course and their duties and responsibilities include
- Study unit 1: Types of Fires
- Definition of a fire
- Elements of a fire
- Classification of fire
- Conditions of a fire
- Common sources of heat
- Transmission ways in which a fire spread
- Study unit 2: Fire Prevention
- Goals of fire prevention
- Fire hazards
- Preventative measures
- Study unit 3: Housekeeping
- Why is good housekeeping important?
- General housekeeping guideline
- Do’s and Don’ts
- Study unit 4: Fire Fighting
- Know the use of different types of fire extinguishers
- How to operate a fire extinguisher
- Fire hoses
- Study unit 5: Fighting Fire
- Make the correct decision in the process of fighting a fire
- Fighting a fire
- Fighting the fire
- Procedure after the fire
- Handing over to the emergency services
- Methods of extinguishment
Outcome after the training
- Discuss and explain procedures for dealing with fires in the workplace .
- Identify the type of fire, its context and select the appropriate fire fighting procedure .
- Identify, select and check appropriate fire fighting and safety equipment
- Reports on status of fire and equipment are completed.
- Retreat from fire site and hand over to appropriate personnel
- Report/record status of fire and equipment
Durban, Pinetown, Richardsbay, Empangeni, Port shepstone, Ladysmith, Newcastle, Kokstad, Pietermaritzburg, Ladysmith, Vryheid, Ulundi, Stanger, Eshowe, Amanzimtoti, Isipingo, Umkomaas in KwazuluNatal(KZN). We have other branch offices in different provinces of South Africa(sa) Mthatha/Umtata, Butterworth, East London and Port Elizabeth in Eastern cape, Bloemfontein in free state, Pretoria, vereeniging, kempton park, alberton, Germiston and Johannesburg(JHB) in Gauteng, Polokwane and Lephalale in Limpopo, Nelspruit, Witbank, Secunda in Mpumalanga, Kimberley in Nothern cape, Rustenburg and Mafikeng in North West, Cape town in Western Cape.
We train students from other southern African countries Botswana, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Lesotho, Namibia, Swaziland, Zambia, Angola, Tanzania, Ghana, DR.Congo, Gabon, Kenya, Nigeria, Chadi, Mali, Sudan, Niger, Burkina faso, Guinea, Madagascar and Uganda. Since we free accommodation and job assistance.